EAGLE VIEW BEHAVIORAL HEALTH POLICY AND PROCEDURE MANUAL
|DEPARTMENT: Rights of Patients||SUBJECT: Patient & Family Rights|
|POLICY AND PROCEDURE: 1800.25||Page 1 of 2|
|FUNCTIONAL AREA: Facility Wide||REFERENCES:|
|EFFECTIVE DATE: September 10, 2018||APPROVED BY: Quality/PI Council/ Governing Board:|
- As part of their full delineation of the written patient rights and responsibilities, patients and families are advised of the following rights and processes upon admission to the hospital.
- how to initiate discussion of any ethical dilemmas or concerns or to make complaints or file grievances to the Patient Rights Advocate.
- to expect privacy and confidentiality according to state and federal laws and Eagle View’s policies and procedures.
- PatientRightsandResponsibilitieswillbepostedinallprimarypatientcareareas and in the Assessment & Referral area.
- Patients and their parent/legal guardian shall be provided with a copy of their Patient Rights and Responsibilities at the time of admission or before the first treatment occurrence.
- For details on Patient Rights and Responsibilities, see Policy and Procedure entitled: “Patient Rights and Responsibilities”.
The hospital recognizes the need and provides a mechanism for patients and families to be advised of their rights and to become aware of the mechanism for addressing concerns regarding patient care.
- Hospital staff are instructed no impediments are to be placed between the patient/family and any representative of the grievance process once a patient has indicated a desire to utilize his/her right to initiate a grievance.
- Admissions provides to patient and family (if present)patient handbook that explains rights, contraband, visitation, phone and programming schedules. Documentation of these conversations will be documented in medical record consents and acknowledgments regarding who will be involved in the patient’s treatment; to initiate discussion of any ethical dilemmas or concerns; to privacy and confidentiality.
- Patient will also be oriented to the unit by unit staff to reinforce unit processes and procedures and patient and family rights.
- Families will be provided with information regarding how and when to contact the patient and regarding visitation guidelines.